Meadow Sense is organizing the Virtual Mountain State Fair as a way for West Virginians to support other West Virginians during this difficult time. We hope you’ll join us for this fun event where many different West Virginia businesses have come together to “Show Us Something Good!”
Here’s a sneak peek of some of the talent, contests, demos, and artisans who will be joining us at the fair. Make sure you follow us on Facebook and follow your favorite artisan.
Musical Performance by MHR Recording Artist, Jeffrey Wayne
Performance by Studio-C Dancers
Storytime with WV Children’s Book Author, Liz Somerville
Talented WV Crafters & Artisans
Aaron’s Hope for Paws
Baby Animal Photo Contest
Virtual Car Show
If you’d like to be a vendor and are wondering how this works please see our overview below.
Virtual Mountain State Fair
We know many people have questions about how this Virtual Fair will work. Our goal is to make it as easy as possible for everyone involved. We want every business participating to have a successful event and for everyone attending to enjoy themselves.
Here is the process we will be following.
- The first step is to fill out an application. Crafters and Artisans will fill out this form: https://forms.gle/AXfCt5SLyRyFZPX88
- Once your application is approved you will receive a PayPal Invoice to pay either the $2.99 or $4.99 fee.
- After your fee is paid we will post an announcement on the Virtual Mountain State Fair Facebook page to announce you are participating in the event. Please help us publicize the event by sharing our page.
- A week or two before the Fair begins on September 12 we will begin adding our Vendors to the Virtual Mountain State Fair group.
- You will create a photo album in this group. You will enter your Business Name as the Title of the Album, the link to your store will be in the description, and the WV City and/or County you are in will be the location. The first picture should be a cover photo that represents your business. You can add pictures and videos of your products, information about your business, sales, whatever you feel customers might want to know. These albums will be available during the entire event so make sure you have the link to your site there.
- For September 12 and 13, there will be an Event planned when we would like all crafters and artisans to be available. However, you can also open a Facebook Room to discuss your products at any other time.
- During the hours of the event you agree to be available to customers for questions about your products. We would like you to open a Facebook Room to have video interaction with the audience or do a Facebook Live and reply to comments on your video. If you can’t do video, you can post pictures and videos of your items in the vendor event and be available for questions. Just be as interactive as possible.
- If anyone wants to purchase an item from you, they will be directed to your website, Etsy shop, or social media store. You decide where you would like to send them. All transactions will go through your business.
- If you are going to do a demo/presentation we prefer you try to do it through Facebook rooms so it can be as interactive as possible. If you can not, Facebook Live, or as a last resort a pre-recorded video or a link to another streaming platform (such as Zoom) are also options. We will need to know in advance when and how you plan on doing your demo/presentation so we can put it on the agenda.
- If you have any questions, just message us and we’ll get back to you as soon as possible.
- We’ll provide more detailed directions as we continue bringing things together for the fair and as we receive more questions from all of you.
Other Opportunities at the Virtual Mountain State Fair:
We are also accepting submissions for Performers! To apply to perform, fill out this form: https://forms.gle/Y5bXeEdVt5q39Gx9A
Food Trucks and Restaurants can fill out this form to be included in our Food Directory: https://forms.gle/x5gcRK6MnQkAQkJJ6
To register for the Virtual Car Show, fill out the registration form:
For more information and to help us spread the word about the Virtual Mountain State Fair, please “like” our Facebook page!